- Non refundable deposit 5,000 CZK will reserve your place. Payable within 14 days of ordering.
- Balance payment of 15,000 CZK will be due on 01 June 2019.
- The payee is responsible for the bank fees.
- 15% discount will be given to students, who have attended a previous TT with Manju Jois in Prague (please write in notes the dates of the previous TT)
Date: 09. 07. 2018 - 13. 07. 2019
Location: PROSTOR 8, Šmilovského 8, 12000 Praha 2 – Vinohrady (address to be confirmed)
Manju P. Jois, Ashtanga Yoga guru of Mysore, South India, is the oldest son of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, recognized worldwide as the foremost authority on AshtangaYoga. Manju`s practice began at age 7 and he began teaching with his father at age 15. Manju has taught the traditional Ashtanga method for over 50 years. Spanning 25 countries, Manju's world Ashtanga teaching tour is ever expanding.
Manju's dedication to his life of teaching has brought the benefits of the ancient tradition of Ashtanga Yoga to many students around the world, as he guides each to "Unite with Yourself."
Clearing the energetic channels - Intermediate Series
Familiar with the primary series? An Intermediate Series, also Shodhana Nadi (Nadi Sodhana), opens with 40 yoga asanas, an energetic dimension of Ashtanga Yoga. This series is an ideal complement to a first series practice. The Ashtanga Yoga system consists of three sequences or series. The “Primary Series” (Yoga Chikitsa) detoxifies and aligns the body. The “Intermediate Series”(Nadi Shodana) purifies the nervous system by means of opening and releasing the energy channels.
Third Series plays with gravity. The reward: Sthira Bhaga, sublime serenity.
The advanced series integrate the strength and grace of the practice, requiring higher physical levels of flexibility and strength.
Manju will introduce the components of the Ashtanga Secondary Series (Nadi Shodhana (nerve cleansing),) as developed by his father, including the asanas (postures), the Nadi Shodhana Pranayamas (breathing) and the Shanti Mantras (Vedic peace chants). Manju will also introduce the traditional Vinyasa Count and teach correct Sanskrit pronunciation of the asanas and Opening and Closing Chants.
- Regular practice of the Intermediate Series
- Be dedicated to Ashtanga Yoga Practice. (This TT is not inspiration to another type of yoga practice. You need to show dedication and fully understand the philosophy of Ashtanga Yoga.)
- Idealy completed a Primary Series Teacher Training with Manju P. Jois.
- No need to want to be a yoga teacher to come for the teacher training. Its for everybody who want to have a fun with Manju and learn from him. He is a great spirit full of wisdom end experience.
How TT will look like?
PŘEKLAD DO ČESKÉHO JAZYKA BUDE ZAJIŠTĚN. (Translation to czech language will be provided.).
Monday till Friday: 10:00 - 14:00/15:00
We will start with Mysore Class, in the traditional style, with individual help and adjustment from Manju P. Jois and his assistant Petra Visser, Break, Adjustment Training, Vinyasa Count, Nadi Shodhana Pranayama, Vedic Peace Chants, Q&A. There might be one led class in the TT week.
In Mysore Class you need to remember the Second Series asana sequence.
Manju's will explore each asana of the Intermediate Series in depth and detail and teach his safe adjustment techniques so that Ashtanga Practitioners can confidently adjust and assist their students in each position.
Manju will introduce students Third Series of Ashtanga yoga.
We will have a lot of space to talk and have a great fun with Manju. Manju breaks all dogmas in yoga world and has an open heart to each student. His approach is that you look deep inside of yourself and look for the answers there as all the wisdom you already have. The real spiritual yoga teacher can not teach you more than you already know, he has nothing to give you, no new information, opinion, or even rules how to practice. You have to listen to yourself. Manju says, that he is not a guru, he is just an messenger. His job is to guide though the practice and show you the traditional way how ashtanga yoga was taught and how his father taught him. You will hear a lot of inspirational stories and the atmosphere of his teaching is always very relaxed.